Rabbits/Lump at the Base of Tail

Question
Layton\'s Tail
Layton's Tail  
While grooming my rabbit, I noticed this white bump that seems to be filled with fluid right above the base of her tail. I will attach an image of how it looked yesterday. Today it seems more scaly and yellow and some of the hair around the tail seems to be falling out now. Not sure what to make of it.

Answer
Andrea,

This looks, and sounds, like an abscess. Is she itching at it/does it seem to irritate her?
It's going to require antibiotics and potentially a lancing to drain the fluid to avoid further infection and problems. I'd recommend visiting a vet as soon as possible.

Best of luck!

Christine

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone