Rabbits/unknown mass on rabbits testicle

I have a 5 month old California rabbit that I plan on breeding but I noticed that he has a brown enlongated mass that resembles rabbit feces on his testicle. I wet it with a rag to clean the the area to try and remove it thinking it was a piece of feces that had stuck to his fur but this is attached to his testicle and started bleeding slightly when I tried to remove it. I applied some peroxide to the area that started bleeding but this mass is still attached and I am concerned about what this might be and whether it is something that might be contagious if I do breed him. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I'm honestly not sure what that is. Best to take him to a vet and have that checked out. If it bleeds, then it's connected to nerves and blood vessels and, if it's something serious, will require medical attention to remove.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you here, but I wish you the best in determining course of care.

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.