Rabbits/Constipation problem of rabbit

Question
Hello I am from India and I have a 6 years old rabbit at my house. From last a few weeks she is experiencing constipation and is currently unwilling to eat her food as much as she usually does.

Answer
Hi Sunny

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have access to any vets who deal with exotic species? When a rabbit doesn't eat and has trouble pooping it's likely in gut stasis and needs a combination of mediacation as soon as possible, gut stasis can prove fatal. When a rabbit is in stasis it needs examination to ensure there is no physical blockage (such as a hairball) and then needs a painkiller (most commonly metacam), a gut stimulant and may need fluids also.

Have a read here:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

Good luck!
Cat

Rabbits

Cat