Rabbits/My mamma bon bon rabbit

Question
She was pregnant babies never came out she now has a water balloon stomach can barely walk has a hard time even sitting normal, she now has a white discharge coming out hef vagina. Very worried about her, she seems to be eating ok, gave her fresh pineapple just in case of block. Please help me to help her, i think Not having her babies did something to her and i want to make sure im doing everything i can to help her thank you sincerly cathie from garden grove cal.

Answer
How far overdue is she?  Rabbits can re-absorb their kits but they become calcified in the womb and usually can never have babies again.  I would highly recommend that you take her to the vet.  They can give her a drug that can induce labor.  Even better would be to take her in for an emergency spay.  

Pineapple is very bad for rabbits.  It is full of sugar and it does not prevent blockages.  It can actually make them worse.  I recommend that you read this article:

http://www.bunspace.com/groups/topic?tid=3594

Good luck.  I truly hope your bunny will be okay.

Pam

Rabbits

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.