Rabbits/rabbit birth

Question
Hello my rabbit is currently giving birth and I can't get in contact with the vets, she has been in labour for potentially up to an hour but she doesn't seem in pain and seems fairly calm about it. Is there anything I can do if i can't contact a vet for advice?

Answer
Hi Jacob
Mum bunnies are usually pretty sel sufficient when it comes to birth. If she's calm and doesn't seem distressed she should be fine. Be concerned if you see excessive straining, squeaking from mum or lots of blood. As a prey animal they tend to have their babies and bounce away from the nest and try and act like nothing has happened. I hope she's doing fine now. If you do have any concerns after they're born as mum buns can have complications after birth, get a hotline to your vet!
Hope I helped
Cat

Rabbits

Cat