Rabbits/i am not sure what disease my bunny have!!!I NEED A URGENT HELP,ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 WEEKS NOW AND HE IS NOT GETTING BETTER.

Question
good afternoon dana madam,
sorry to bother you again,i just want to ask can i give dewormer medicine to spencer while he is already on anitbiotic,antialegesic and questran.
i talked to my vet he told me to give spencer 1/3 bandystar bolus (PRAZIQUANTEL 50mg + IVERMECTIN 2mg ) once in every 15 days.cause its hard to find panacur here.
i find panacur solution thou and i m also looking for a medicine named fandikind plus bolus(FENBENDAZOLE 3gm + IVERMECTIN 100mg ).
should i give him de-wormer with all the other meds or wait for some time.
thanking you,
devendra and spencer.

Answer
Dear Devendra

Was the white string positively identified as a worm?  If so, then I would try to give him the fandikind plus, which has two compounds that are used against nematodes.  (praziquantel is generally given to kill tapeworms, not roundworms; I don't know if Spencer has those, but a fecal flotation exam should reveal any parasites he has).

The fenbendazole/ivermectin can be given with the other medications.  But, as before, be sure to give it at least an hour or more before you give the Questran.  Otherwise, the Questran may absorb the de-wormer, rendering it useless.

Hope this helps.

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.