Rabbits/Rabbits

Question
My rabbits is not walking on his one back leg and has been sick I dnt no what to do I have no money to take him to the vets he's 10 weeks old x

Answer
HI Ellie,

If you cannot afford to take the rabbit to the vet then I suggest you surrender him to an reputable shelter so that he can get vet care.  Babies that are 10 weeks old are very fragile.  I don't know what you mean by sick but it could be a death sentence.  The only rescue I know in the UK is The Littlest Rescue but I don't know where they are located.  Even your local humane society should accept owner surrenders.

Please do not let this animal suffer.  I know that vets are expensive but when we take in living creatures you have to set aside money for vet bills.   Rabbits are not cheap pets.  I am very concerned for your rabbit.

Try a google search for rescues in your area.  If they can't take him maybe they could at least refer you to a low cost clinic.

Thank you and good luck

Pam

Rabbits

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.