Rabbits/Rabbit Sleeping

I have two rabbits one of my rabbit used to sleep all day long and another one play .The rabbit which used to sleep all day long is it sick ? if not then what is the reason of sleeping it all day long

Rabbits are crepuscular.  Unless you are home all of the time and they have become used to your sleep cycle then their most active time is at dusk and in the wee hours of the morning.  If you are concerned about your rabbits habits, then I recommend a trip to a rabbit savvy vet.  They would be able to tell if your bun is sick or if this is just its normal habit.  

I wish I had a better answer for you but if your rabbit is acting out of sorts then the very best think you can do is have him examined.  Being that they are prey animals they will often hide their illnesses until it is to late.

Good Luck

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.