Rabbits/Bald spot in Bunny

Question
Bunny picture
Bunny picture  
Bunny picture
Bunny picture  
QUESTION: Hi, I really need help with my bunny. Yesterday I discovered a little bald spot in his shoulder with a bit of what looked like blood and today it got bigger. Vets here were I live had none or hardly any experience treating bunnies. I am truly worried I give my bunny all the love in the world and take excellent care of him. I don't know what may have caused this.Help and thank you.

ANSWER: Dear Mio,

Does your bunny live with another bunny?  This looks much like the bite that would be given by another rabbit exhibiting mounting behavior, which can be either sexual or dominance behavior.

Please let me know.  Also see:

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/furloss.html

I hope this helps.

Dana

QUESTION: Thank you so much for answering. He lives alone and he's a male.

Answer
Dear Mio,

Then please refer to the article I sent you previously:

You can find a rabbit vet here:

www.rabbit.org/vet

who can examine in person and determine what is causing this lesion.

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.