Rabbits/Inside Hutch safety

I had a Hutch built out of wood. I left it natural but only put heavy Guage plastic on floors. He managed to get bodily fluids down side of litter. Now the wood has soaked it up,down the leg,and on my wood floor. I'm concerned for the health regarding breathing that in.
What can I put that is rabbit friendly to permanently seal the wood ?
Even if it's required to do it regularly.
Thank You

Hello! I'm sorry to hear your bun is causing some potential health concerns, but the good news is there are many pet-friendly wood sealers on the market today. A few are listed here:

Hope this helps!

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.