Rabbits/Rabbit behavior

Question
I was laying on the floor with my bunny. She was running around and then came over between me and her cage and stood straight up for a little and then got down and I heard this loud pound on the floor. When I heard it again I saw her thump. Why did she do that.

Answer
Diane,

It sounds like you just experienced your first thump of disapproval. Perhaps she was looking for attention, or saw something that gave her a shock, but a thump is a call to attention in some form or fashion. It's up to us as bunny parents to decipher what's making them unhappy.

I'd say, from your recap, she was either looking for pets, or maybe a treat, but generally just wanted attention.

Hope this helps!

Christine

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone