Rabbits/My Bunny Doodles'es Nose

Hello there. First of all thank you for reading this. I will get to the point in no time and won't waste your time. I found Doodles at my usual petshop 6 days ago and i bought him. But he had a strange scar on his nose and i thought it will pass after some time. But it seems so the scar is kinda falling apart and getting white and i fear it might be getting bigger. I fear that it might be a ringworm but i am no expert at rabbit care so i would kindly ask your help on this. I was going to put some pictures of his nose but website crashed but i can send pictures through email or etc if you want to. I would really appreciate it if you could help my bunny at any way. Thanks for your attention. With all my regards,
A rabbit owner

Dear Yahya

Please do send very clear, close-up pictures to me at:

It could be mange, or it could be an abscess.  I can't tell without seeing it.  If it seems flaky and crusty, please see:

It would probably be mange, which is easily treated with ivermectin or selamectin from your veterinarian.  DO NOT use Frontline (fipronil), which is deadly to rabbits.

Hope this helps.

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.

I've lived with companion rabbits for more than 35 years, and consider them members of my family. I can answer any questions about the biology and health of rabbits, from the commonplace to the unusual. But please note:

RULE #1:

Find a rabbit vet at for immediate help, and don't risk your bunny's life by spending time asking questions online! If you can't get in touch with your vet, read these Emergency Sick Bunny Instructions.

If you have found a wild baby rabbit, please read these EMERGENCY INSTRUCTIONS FOR WILD BABY RABBITS and then use this link to FIND A LOCAL WILDLIFE REHABILITATOR who can give you the right advice.

RULE #2:
Help me help you! Please make your subject line informative if you have an urgent question. then LET ME KNOW IN THE SUBJECT LINE so I can give your question highest priority over non-urgent questions. If you don't do this, then I can't guarantee timely assistance!

For all the best, most accurate rabbit health, care and behavior information, visit The House Rabbit Society.

I have been rescuing and rehabilitating domestic and wild rabbits for about 30 years. I have written articles for many rabbit rescue publications, as well as for the veterinary journal, Exotic DVM. I own EtherBun, the internet's largest listserve dedicated to health, care, and behavior of domestic rabbits.

Houserabbit Adoption, Rescue, and Education, Inc. (H.A.R.E., Inc.) president National House Rabbit Society (Board member)

Exotic DVM
Warren Peace (Journal of the House Rabbit Society of Miami)
Various newsletters of the House Rabbit Society, nationwide

Ph.D - Biology
B.S. - Biology
B.A. - English

Lightspan Academic Excellence Award for web site on rabbit health and biology