Rabbits/rabbit bonding

Question
Help, we have 2 female rabbits and 1 male.  They are in a large area and all got on well...until a month ago.  Then female B started attacking female F.  the male and female F are related and been together since birth.  Female B joined later and all bonded well.  Then the fights.  We separated them, and had B spayed (F had already been done).  We kept B in a cage within the larger area while she recovered.  Then we tried to re-bond in a neutral area in the garden.  It seems F remembers the attacks and now she is fighting back.  We then took them for a car ride in a van, they didn't attack and laid close, so we went back in the open space and F kept going for B again.  We sprayed with water each time, she would stop, but kept going back. Not sure what to do next.  Now F is in the cage while we consider the next move.  The children are upset seeing them fight.  Any ideas?

Answer
Helen,

It sounds like the bond was broken because of the separate spay. I might suggest trying more than one car ride before putting them all back in the big space, or maybe try a carrier on top of the dryer with some shoes in it (simulates a stressful situation). Have you tried making two smaller spaces side by side, sharing one wall, so that they can get used to each other again? Maybe have them share a hay pile?

A separate question, out of curiosity - is the male aggressive?

Christine

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone