Rabbits/Rabbit/Bunny with Molar oclussion

Question
Hello madam,
Our bunny Speedo is 5 year old and is in pain for quite some time. He is currently showing all symptoms of molar maloclussion. 2 weeks back he recovered from GI stasis and is still recovering from the death of his companion Debbie who died 4 weeks back all of a sudden. Our vet does not have the equipment and also have much knowledge of rabbit dentistry. He somehow does not agree that its a major maloclussion although we can feel his jaw with a protrusion besides all symptoms including not eating food . We are worried that it could even be an absess in his mouth as he shows great pain.We are desperately in search of a good veterinary dental surgeon for rabbits anywhere in India. Or worst, take him abroad although we do not know the procedure. We have lost Debbie without notice and we cant loose Speedo now. We want to do our level best as he is a child to us.

Answer
Dear Alevi

The only thing I can recommend is to get your bunny to a good rabbit dentist, and if you are willing to travel abroad there is one who is the best:  Dr. Loic Legendre in Vancouver, Canada.

http://www.serona.ca/dr-loic-legendre/

His hospital is here:

http://www.wcvds.ca/

If you contact him, he may be able to help you with a referral to someone closer to you, since he is well connected to the best rabbit dentistry experts around the world.  

I hope this helps.

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.