Rabbits/Agression in male baby rabbit?

Question
Hi, just yesterday I bought a 6 week old Silver Marten buck. He loves people, he falls asleep in your arms, grooms you and he'll follow you all over the house. But last night I was on the recliner with him on my lap when the cat jumped up on the chair and laid down on me which I guess he didn't like. He lunged at her and even tried to bite her. And this morning my mom was giving our rabbits all some hay but when she went to give him some hay he lunged at her too. Is this normal or should I consider rehoming him to someone with rabbit aggression experience?

Answer
Syd,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'll do my best to help.

It's possible he's being territorial. Try reducing his space for a while and let him get a chance to understand he has control of that area before giving him free reign. Also, be sure to spend time on the floor - in his space.

He's just a new guy, trying to figure it out in this brand new world. Give it some time. :)

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions.

Christine

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone