Radio/Breaking into the business

Hi Greg,

I recently went on 200 dates in a year and I'm finishing up my book. All the literary agents I have talked to have asked me about my Platform. I have a website and have done some radio spots, but clearly not enough to interest a publisher. I was thinking about trying to do a radio dating advice show. I'm not sure if there is a market or even how to get started. I appreciate your advice.

Hi Keith

Thanks for your enquiry.

You have contacted Media Man.

Well done.

I think there is a market for your show on radio.  Try doing a number of special guest appearances on radio shows, and if these go well, build upon it.

Try to identify what particular radio stations would be most likely to accept you as a guest, and potentially as a host.

Contact the producer and line up a meeting with them and the radio powers that be at the network.  Also start researching potential advertisers and sponsors, so you can start to talk business models and such.

The easier you make it for a potential radio station platform for the show, the more chance you will get it.

All the best with it.

Best Regards
Greg Tingle
Media Man

Greg Tingle

Talk back radio is my domain in the radio medium of media. I can answer general questions, and some more specific, such as getting on radio, media pitches, relationship leveraging, media covering media, radio station websites, getting in the business and such. Full portfolio on the Media Man Australia company website.

Past/Present clients
Airview Aerial Photography
Geoff Barker
Mick Crocodile Pitman
Keith "Bendigo" Sloan
Coherent Productions
Scotty Crane
Abner Zurd
Hottest On TV - Lewis O'Flynn
Max Markson - Markson Sparks!
Vena McGrath
Anthony Kelly aka "Reaction Extreme Trainer"
Mick Cutajar"
John "Vulcan" Seru
International Movie Makers Market
Australian Stunt Academy - Colin Handley
Messages On Hold - Kym Illman
Destiny Tours
Scotland Golf Touring - Steve Cooke
World Disaster Help - Steve Cooke
Entrepreneurs - The Reality Show
Radio stations include: ABC, 2UE, Triple M, 6PR, BBC, Mix 106.5, SEN 2008 successful radio pitches include Will Steger, Sam Branson, Richard Branson and self