Radio/demo

Question
Hey Greg,
I just made a radio demo and want to first ask nyc am program directors if I could email it to them.  But, I can't find any pd's email contact.  All the stations have general contact forms.  Is there a great website that has a list of all talk radio program directors in nyc that you know of?  Or, what is the best way to find out this info?  Last, if by chance (and I realize it is a big if) that a program director likes the demo what process takes place?  I am seeking a political comedy show with intense opinions coupled with humor.

Thanks!  Dee

Answer
Hi Dee

Thanks for your question.

My 10 years expience in the industry tells me that there is not a website that has 100% (or even close) corrent and up to date information about all of the New York radio program directors.

These days, the industry changes at a rapid rate, and radio has a large staff turnover (think burn outs, fired and mergers etc).

If your work is quality I belive it will get picked up (or stolen or ripped off / copied etc) eventually.  I'm given you an honest opinion about your question, rather than company or industry spin, so to speak.  Good work usually gets noticed... then its a matter of what happens next.

If my chance your work is good and gets noticed by an outfit who is interested to pay for your work, an approach will be made you, which may be a phone call or letter etc, and it may or may not outline an officially offer / contact / agreement etc.  Then it would be up to you to check it over, seek independant legal and / or business advice, and go from there.

I hope my opinion on this matter is of assistance to you.

Best Regards
Greg Tingle
Media Man Australia
Media Man

Radio

Greg Tingle