Radiology/CT ANGIOGRAM OF THE CHEST

Question
I HAVE ARTIAL FIBRILLATION..I AM ON WARFARIN..HAD TO HAVE THIS TEST DONE AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND..LEFT ATRIAL CHAMBER MILDLY ENLARGED...ALSO CORONARY ARTERY CALCIFICATION ARE PRESENT. OLD GRANULOMATOUS DISEASE..IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS FOR ME . DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AND IT MAKES ME WORRY MORE..THANK YOU SO MUCH   BARBARA VOLINO

Answer
Hi, Barbara.

I am not a physician, so I'll refer you to several web pages that may help you to understand more about:

1) atrial fibrillation

2) your enlarged left atrial chamber

3) coronary artery calcification

4) old granulomatous disease

If you need more information about any of these topics, your physician will be able to help. S/He is in the best position to answer these questions as they pertain to you specifically.

Hope this helps,

Radiology

Delia White