Radiology/Two MRI interpretations of the brain

I am a 55 year old female with a hx of breast ca with mets to the spine presently in remission.  About 3 weeks ago I experienced a severe migraine which left me weakened with facial drooping on the right side.  Prior to this migraine I was coping with burning tongue syndrome and facial muscle tightness and pain for two months.  The neurologist diagnosed me with hemiplegia migraine and neuralgia.  The stat ct showed no evidence of stroke, it was normal.  The MRI with and without contrast showed
1.  A small extra-axial enhancing lesion in the posterior parasagital falx measuring 1.4 x 0.7 x 1.2 cm probable meningioma but not seen on the prior mri scan.  She suggested a short term follow up.
2 no MRI evidence for inta -  axial enhancement and therefore no MRI evidence for intra- axial metastatic disease.  All other findings normal.
My concern was that she did not compare it to the more recent may 2012 MRI which was normal and was only done because I had meningitis.  She used a 2007 MRI.
When my neurologist called he said that there is nothing wrong with my MRI.  That it was totally normal.  He had a friend radiologist look at it.
I then brought the new may 2012 MRI to have the first radiologist relook at her findings.  She was on vacation and another radiologist did and addendum which read
Comparison study :  there is no significant interval changes, no evidence of intracranial metastatic disease.
Did this probable meningioma just never existed?  I don't know whether or not to get another radiologist to interpret this.  Any suggestions?

Yes - my suggestion is get a clear answer on this meningioma!  If it was not on May 2012 MRI and is a new finding then you need a short interval MRI to make sure this lesion (possible meningioma) is not growing rapidly.  
What kind of meningitis did you have? What happened? Did your burning symptoms and muscle tightness started after meningitis?  When were you diagnosed with breast ca and how long ago was radiation treatment?  did you ever have radiation to your brain or just the spine? or may be you had chemo and radiation?  all important things to consider. it is rather difficult to advise you with such limited information at this point.  You can also attach some images here if you'd like to follow up with me.

Michael K

Michael K.

Almost any kind of questions regarding any types of radiology exams, procedures, meaning of radiology reports etc...

12 year experience in the field of radiology

American Society of Neuroradiology, Senior Member Society of Pediatric Radiology, Active Member

Radiology Seminars in pediatric neurology American Journal of Roentgenology American Journal of Neuroradiology

Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology Additional Certificate of Qualification in Neuroradiology