Radiology/Lung nodule and back pain.

Im 30 years old nosmoker healthy person. I had terrible infection/inflammation 12 weeks ago. But the cough and tickle in my throat and chest wont go away. Two days ago i had CT with contrast and they found 1,6cm nodule on lower side of my right lung. And something that looks like a Thymus that doesnt shrinked in my puberty in size around 3cm. My home doc and my pulmologist keeps telling me that this isnt a cancer. How can they be so sure ?. Im freaking out. I have pains since beggining originating from location of this 1,6 nodule. I can post my CT photos of it. And maybe translate the piece of paper with described result, cause its in German.

Translated as best as i can : "The shares are also covered caudal thyroid orthotopic and dense homogeneous. Larger greasy degenerate and thus insuspekte axillary lymph nodes. No lymphadenopathy in the upper thoracic aperture. Usually Rights opacification of normkalibrigen large mediastinoscopy-hilar vessels. No detectable pathologically enlarged lymph nodes in the mediastinum and in both Hili.
Conspicuous triangular loosened slightly inhomogeneous structure of parasagittal 2.1 cm length and 3.2 cm right left leg a craniocaudal extension of 3.8 cm in pršaortalen mediastinal adipose tissue. No Perikardeguss and no pleural effusion.
1.6 cm wide pseudo solid nodular consolidation in subpleural location in the dorsal sinus phreniccocostalis right, most likely a scar change accordingly. The rest of Pulmo is a veritable parenchymal. No pulmonary lesion, no confluent pulmonary infiltrate and no interstitial pulmonary lesions. The central bronchial arises as far as normal.
Pleuropulmonales residual scar in the dorsal costodiaphragmatic recess right. Suspected Thymusrest in typical situation/place. No detectable local and locoregional aggressiveness drawing, as far as assessed by computed tomography.
Usually computed tomographic representation rights of the remaining thoracic organs."

Can this lung nodule cause my back pain ?

I highly doubt those findings cause any back pain. It would be a stretch to say that they may.  Residual thymus is common and given it's location that would be the most common finding. If things don't improve or you are still extremely concerned you can discuss with your doctors repeating the scan in 6 month to ensure that everything is stable...  I would probably do that for a 1.6cm nodule.

Hope this is helpful.

Michael K.

Almost any kind of questions regarding any types of radiology exams, procedures, meaning of radiology reports etc...

12 year experience in the field of radiology

American Society of Neuroradiology, Senior Member Society of Pediatric Radiology, Active Member

Radiology Seminars in pediatric neurology American Journal of Roentgenology American Journal of Neuroradiology

Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology Additional Certificate of Qualification in Neuroradiology