Radiology/white spot in PDW MRI

Question
PDW/COR
PDW/COR  
I'm checking an old brain MRI I got about 5 years ago and noticed what seems to me an unusual bright spot in one of the PDW coronal slices.
Any ideas what this could be?

Answer
Anon,

Usually bright spots in the brain are very nonspecific and may result from various etiologies, some that are significant and some that are not.

Yours, however, is easy.  It's what is called an artifact, ie "nothing" this spot is within a ventricle that is filled with fluid, fluid moves around the ventricle and produces different signals.  I bet you can't find that exact bright spot on other sequences or planes; there may be bright stuff on them but in different places.

You are good to go:)

MK

Radiology

Michael K.