Radiology/mosaic perfusion

Question
i had a hrct scan back in 2009.  i never was told what was the results.  i found out today that it showed mosaic perfusion and airtrapping along with ground glass opacities.  my pulmonologist did give me 2 more ct scan of my lung that were not high resolution. niether of these scans mentioned any of this.  is this because they are not visible on a regular ct or could they have gone away?
thank you
mary

Answer
Mary,
Sorry for delay in replying.

HRCT when properly done is done with you laying on your back and then again laying on your stomach. It helps differentiate the findings on mosaic perfusion as stated in the report.  Now, given time interval between HRCT and other CTs; it may be that usual CT is not showing it as well or it may be resolved.  Usually at least some mosaic perfusion is seen on a regular CT but certainly inspiration/expiration HRCT in different position is a more sensitive test.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

MK

Radiology

Michael K.