Radiology/Mri lumbar spine


I had an mri and with the outregeous pain im having, will you tell me if steroid injections would help or go to surgery asap. Mri: herniation 7mm, diffuse bulge w/annual tears @ L4/5 that contacts thecal sac, significant loss of space @ L5-S1 hypertrophy

Hello, Licia.

I am not qualified to recommend treatment. I am only the photographer. Your physician is the best person to recommend treatment options for you. If you question his/her judgement, please do get a second opinion.

A pain management clinic might be able to help relieve your pain. I'd encourage you to investigate pain management injections before going in for surgery. Though, it may be that your spinal disease is too severe for injections to help.

So sorry you're in such pain. Hope this helps,



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Delia White


I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.


I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.

©2017 All rights reserved.