Radiology/Mri lumbar spine

Question
I had an mri and with the outregeous pain im having, will you tell me if steroid injections would help or go to surgery asap. Mri: herniation 7mm, diffuse bulge w/annual tears @ L4/5 that contacts thecal sac, significant loss of space @ L5-S1 hypertrophy

Answer
Hello, Licia.

I am not qualified to recommend treatment. I am only the photographer. Your physician is the best person to recommend treatment options for you. If you question his/her judgement, please do get a second opinion.

A pain management clinic might be able to help relieve your pain. I'd encourage you to investigate pain management injections before going in for surgery. Though, it may be that your spinal disease is too severe for injections to help.

So sorry you're in such pain. Hope this helps,

Delia

Radiology

Delia White