Radiology/PET SCAN

I have read online that if you have a pet scan you need to lay still from between 60-90 min on your back.
Well I can't lay still on my back for that long.
I have herniated discs in lumbar area and more heriated
discs in cervical area so my legs and feet are tingly and
I can't keep them still plus I always lay down and sleep on my side.What could they do for me if I need this test done
for a spotting of a nodule on my lung.

Hello Debbie,

I think 60-90 min is greatly overestimated.  Most of the scans are done within 30min. If a patient is greatly overweight then it may take a little longer.  Some facilities also give patients Ativan to relax.  Additionally, patients may be positioned on their stomachs or sides, as long as it is a comfortable position to hold for the duration of the scan.

Hope this helps.

Michael K.

Almost any kind of questions regarding any types of radiology exams, procedures, meaning of radiology reports etc...

12 year experience in the field of radiology

American Society of Neuroradiology, Senior Member Society of Pediatric Radiology, Active Member

Radiology Seminars in pediatric neurology American Journal of Roentgenology American Journal of Neuroradiology

Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology Additional Certificate of Qualification in Neuroradiology