Radiology/suture be seen in ultrasound

Question
I have a polycaproamide long term absorbable suture in my cheek tissue above the bone that may have broken what kind of xray or ultrasound would be able to detect it, so it can be removed.

Answer
Hello, Jennifer.

You would need a physician's order to have an imaging procedure of any kind. So, I'd recommend you make an appointment with the surgeon who performed your surgery.

You may not need any imaging. If your injury is a bony injury, and you're concerned about bones shifting, X-ray or CT would probably be best.

Personally, I would avoid x-rays unless the benefit to you is worth exposing your eyes and thyroid to radiation.

I hope this helps,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White