Radiology/suture be seen in ultrasound

I have a polycaproamide long term absorbable suture in my cheek tissue above the bone that may have broken what kind of xray or ultrasound would be able to detect it, so it can be removed.

Hello, Jennifer.

You would need a physician's order to have an imaging procedure of any kind. So, I'd recommend you make an appointment with the surgeon who performed your surgery.

You may not need any imaging. If your injury is a bony injury, and you're concerned about bones shifting, X-ray or CT would probably be best.

Personally, I would avoid x-rays unless the benefit to you is worth exposing your eyes and thyroid to radiation.

I hope this helps,

Delia White

I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.

I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.