Radiology/++

Question
Just an addition to my last followup question:

If you did happen to mean that just the celular makeup of the sperm could be damaged, is that akin to the same sort of effect of radiation damage to cells/DNA in other non-sperm cells?

Answer
Yes. Radiation damage to non-sperm cells would be the same.

The difference is that non-sperm cells would only replicate like tissue: liver cells create liver tissue, etc..

Sperm and egg cells join together to create an entire organism. Birth defects caused by mutated reproductive cells is a much more devastating outcome. Therefore, it is most important to protect your reproductive organs from unnecessary radiation exposure.

Best,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White