Radiology/++++

Question
AND (sorry),

Does having the multiple exposures change any of these variables? Thank you SO much for your patience. I just want to to know as much as possible.

Answer
Again, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. At the time you had your VCUGs, your physician and parents decided that the benefits of having the tests outweighed the risks of radiation exposure.

At this point, there is nothing you can do about the radiation exposure you have already received. Damage from radiation is permanent and cumulative.

The best you can do is try to minimize any future radiation exposure. Always ask for a lead shield whenever you do have x-rays, if possible.

Best,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White