I edited the original post so you can see what I mean. Does this change the process of VCUGs that you described earlier? Should I worry about anything?

I was reading this ( which has a chart stating that there is "normal fluoro" and "high level fluoro". What does that mean? Is it trying to say digital, pulsed fluoro, versus the continous film types? It isn't very clear to me.

Under that same chart it says under high fluoro, just 15 minutes of exposure could cause erythema to a patient. Does that seem accurate?

I have a copy of medical records and in one of my several instances of having VCUGs in my childhood  (I'm 21) it says under the report that the "Feeding tube was inserted at 14:00 hours", "care transferred to x-ray tech for bladder filling at 14:09", and  "feeding tube removed  at 14:15" hours. That seems to be about 15 minutes...Am I at risk?

All the other procedures seemed to have taken around 6 minutes I would guess, based off the similar written structure of all the other reports of them I have. I had one about every 10 or 11 months between the ages of 4 and 8, I think.

What you've described is an accurate account of the proper procedure for a VCUG.

What's done is done. Your chances of developing pelvic cancer MIGHT be slightly higher than someone who has never had the radiation exposure that you have. But there is nothing you can do to change that fact. Obsessing about it is not going to change anything. Move on.

I have nothing more to add on this topic. If my answers are not satisfactory, please ask your physician.

Delia White

I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.

I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.