Radiology/Shoulder MRA

Question
Hello, I was just wondering what this MRA with contrast means of the shoulder

Left Shoulder -

Please note, there is some extravasation of contrast into the Subcromial Bursa posteriorly.

The AC Joint and Coracoacromial Arch are normal. There is no subacromial Bursitis.

The long head of biceps and rotator interval are normal. The biceps ancor is intact, but there is a prominent area of high signal intensity extending into the chondro-labral junction of the superior labrum consitent with the sub labral sulcus. No definite SLAP tear is seen.

The remainder of the glenoid labrum is normal. The capsular insertions and glenohumeral ligaments are normal.

There is no rotator cuff tear. There is no significant chondrosis within the gleo-humeral joint.

Right Shoulder -

The AC Joint and Coracoacromial Arch are normal. The rotator cuff is intact and normal.

The long head of biceps and rotator interval are normal. The biceps anchor is intact. There is a prominent sub-labral sulcus in the superior labrum extending posteriorly from the biceps ancor, but there does not appear to be a true slap tear.

There is no significant chondrosis within the gleo-humeral joint.

Right so apparently they are "normal" yet my symptoms relate to a labrum tear which I still think I have, I remember 2 occasions where each shoulder made a pop sound whilst bench pressing. My surgeon said specialized Physio will sort it out, but I had Physio for 3 months and it didn't help, but hes positive it will work, are these MRAs normal? (I'm 20) Thanks

Answer
Max,
I understand your concerns. The report doesn't have anything worrisome.  Physio may not work for all injuries or may take longer.  I can not further comment on a labral tear that you think you have given MRI report.  Perhaps you may seek second opinion from a different radiologist or surgeon who will need to review MRI images, not reports.

My apologiese but I can't be more helpful with only report on hand and symtpoms of pain.

MK

Radiology

Michael K.