Radiology/follow-up Thyroid/Parathyroid/Neck US

Question
Hi Michael K.,
     I just wrote you about my Thyroid/ Parathyroid and Neck US results.  I forgot to mention that I am a 52 year old post menopausal woman.  After a host of tests, I was just recently diagnosed gluten intolerant by my GI doctor. Don't know if this matters regarding my US results?
         Thank you again, Sheila

Answer
Hello Sheila,

I think the finding of a solid nodule is completely incidental.  These types of findings are very very common.  Sometimes doctors want to biopsy nodules in the thyroid. Yours is too small for a sufficient biopsy. I would probably get a follow up in 3-6 month to see if it is growing. If it grows then it needs to be biopsied.  Most of the time such nodules are benign.
I read your other additional comments which are helpful but I feel that none of the history you provided are relevant to the only finding of the nodule. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just get a follow up ultrasound.

let me know if I can clarify further.

Hope this helps.

MK

Radiology

Michael K.