Radiology/follow-up Thyroid/Parathyroid/Neck US

Hi Michael K.,
     I just wrote you about my Thyroid/ Parathyroid and Neck US results.  I forgot to mention that I am a 52 year old post menopausal woman.  After a host of tests, I was just recently diagnosed gluten intolerant by my GI doctor. Don't know if this matters regarding my US results?
         Thank you again, Sheila

Hello Sheila,

I think the finding of a solid nodule is completely incidental.  These types of findings are very very common.  Sometimes doctors want to biopsy nodules in the thyroid. Yours is too small for a sufficient biopsy. I would probably get a follow up in 3-6 month to see if it is growing. If it grows then it needs to be biopsied.  Most of the time such nodules are benign.
I read your other additional comments which are helpful but I feel that none of the history you provided are relevant to the only finding of the nodule. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just get a follow up ultrasound.

let me know if I can clarify further.

Hope this helps.

Michael K.

Almost any kind of questions regarding any types of radiology exams, procedures, meaning of radiology reports etc...

12 year experience in the field of radiology

American Society of Neuroradiology, Senior Member Society of Pediatric Radiology, Active Member

Radiology Seminars in pediatric neurology American Journal of Roentgenology American Journal of Neuroradiology

Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology Additional Certificate of Qualification in Neuroradiology