Radiology/Ultrasound Question

I have had two major shoulder surgeries. One surgery was for a detached Rhomboid muscle and detached low Trapezeis muscle. The second surgery was for the same trap muscle that fell. I begged this doctor to operate again on me, because I experience the same pain before the first surgery. The orthropedic surgeon told me it wont come up on a mri, a detached rhomboid muscle or low trap muscle. Also, I ask him if it could be showed on a ultrasound of the Rhomboid and Trap Muscle. He brushed off this questions. I have read much information from ultrasound that it is good at seeing torn muscles. I cant get a straight answer.  I am in unbearable pain. Thanks, Todd.

Todd, Sorry for the delay in replying.
I am not sure your surgeon told you that MRI will not see muscular tear.  It is the most sensitive exam for such abnormalities. US is okay and certainly less expansive and widely used in Europe but here in US, MRI would be ideal.

Hope this helps.

Michael K.

Almost any kind of questions regarding any types of radiology exams, procedures, meaning of radiology reports etc...

12 year experience in the field of radiology

American Society of Neuroradiology, Senior Member Society of Pediatric Radiology, Active Member

Radiology Seminars in pediatric neurology American Journal of Roentgenology American Journal of Neuroradiology

Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology Additional Certificate of Qualification in Neuroradiology