Radiology/Headache From Benign Variant of Cavum Septum Pellucidum

Question
I've been having headaches for the past 5 years relatively every day and have recently had an MRI of my brain. The radiologists notes:
"There is an incidental note of benign ventricular variant of a cavum septum pellucidum."

Can you please explain how this can lead to headaches? I've read this report, but I am still confused:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22128660

Answer
Hello Frantzy,

Cavum septum pellucidum does not by itself cause a headache.  The report you looked at has a cyst that expands the cavum septum  that the authors claim caused increased pressure and hence headaches.  You, by report, just have a common benign cavum septum.

Hope this helps.

Michael K

Radiology

Michael K.