Radiology/Radiology tech

Question

is there a difference between a radiology technician and a radiologist?

Is there a difference between the person who actually takes pictures of your broken bones and the person who tells you what is broken? or is it the same person

Answer
Hello,
Yes there is a difference.  The person that does the imaging is a Radiologic Technologist.  They attend at least a 2 year program dedicated to the study and practice of anatomy, radiation physics, positioning for images etc.  in the end of the program they take an exam to becom registered and hold a license in the nation and state level.  

The person that officially reads the images is an MD with a specialty in Radiology (a Radiologist) this person attends 4 years of medical school after college, like all other physicians and then specializes (and does a residency program) in Radiology.

Hope this helps.
Lauren

Radiology

Lauren