Radiology/Spinal MRI

Question
I have had tingling and knife cutting pain in both hand, worse on the right.  Worse at rest.  The MRI revealed white ish lines inside the canal, in the cord between c6-c-7.  There are several of them that are clearly visa le.  The Nuro surgeon has never seen anything like it, however it clearly supports the symptoms completely.  Any idea what this might be they are doing a spinal tap tomorrow.  I am 58 years old

Answer
Hello, Nancy.

I wish I could help you, but your Neurologist knows much more than I do about spinal canal pathology. If you want a second opinion, please consult another physician. I am a technologist and am not qualified to diagnose disease.

Hope you feel better soon!

Best,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White