Radiology/mei clarification

copy of first page of mRI report
copy of first page of  

Page 2 of mRI
Page 2 of mRI  
need clarification on my mRI results :

Bilateral l5 pars defects are resulting and 12 mm of anterolisthesis of l5 on s1. Uncovering of the of the disc and the anterolisthesis are causing moderate to severe bilateral foraminal stenosis and compression of exiting nerve roots at this level.

2. Disc disease is also seen at l4/l5, with the central focal disc protrusion present.

3. There is no compression food transitting nerve roots at any level.

Hello, Robert.

First of all, if you need clarification of your MRI results I encourage you to ask the doctor that ordered the MRI for more information. (S)He is in the best position to explain your results to you.

Here is a website that illustrates anteriolisthesis:

Hope this helps,

Delia White

I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.

I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.