Radiology/question of result of CT/AB-Pelvic

Question
I have a high out of pocket insurance and expriencing lower/left back pain that comes and goes.  I went to the ER (and still paying on that expense) 10/2013.  Is this finding something that should worry about? Does it mean I have small kidney stones maybe?
My results of the imaging is the following:

IMPRESSION:  

1. Hypoattenuating lesion in the interpolar region of the left kidney measuring 2.5 x 2.2 cm with 6 mm posterior calcification. Findings represents calyceal diverticulum with dependent stone versus renal cyst with mural calcification.
2. Small focal ventral hernia containing a portion of small bowel within
the lower abdomen, no evidence of obstruction.
3. Postoperative changes of prior cholecystectomy and tubal ligation.

Answer
Hello, Sonya.

Intermittent lower left back pain might be a symptom of the calcifications seen in your left kidney. The physician who ordered this exam or your regular physician would be better qualified to tell you whether this is the cause of your pain or not.

If the ordering physician is an ER doctor, you probably won't be able to ask him/her directly. So, I recommend you contact the Medical Records department of the hospital you visited. Request a copy of your medical records from your ER visit and bring them to your regular physician for more complete information.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help. I am not a physician. Hope this helps anyway.

Hope you feel better soon.
Delia

Radiology

Delia White