Radiology/Help reading my radiology report on a mammogram

I just want help understanding this report.....1.5x1.7x1.1 cm ovoid hypoechoic irregular solid mass with some cystic foci within the mass. The legion is considered suspicious. This conceivably contributed to the focal asymmetry seen on the mammogram. I'm listed as birads 4 no letter.... I have read that oval is always benign but the rest indicates otherwise so I'm really confused.

Hello, Jennifer.

First, I am not a physician, therefore not qualified to interpret your report. If you have questions about this report, please consult the physician who ordered your exam. (S)He is in the best position to explain what this means for you.

A "suspicious" lesion is nothing to ignore. Please make an appointment to see your referring physician as soon as possible.

Hope this helps in some small way,

Delia White

I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.

I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.