Radiology/Mri audiology

Hi due to tinnitus, my ent had ordered a mri audiology. Ears.  Do you know if I will have to have the dye with this mri.
Thank you. Ali

Hello, Ali.

Yes, for tinnitis it is common to order an MRI with and without contrast. Your doctor may suspect disease which may be best seen by comparing images before contrast injection to those taken afterwards.

You can always refuse to have the contrast, but the exam may be inconclusive without it.

Hope this helps,

Delia White

I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.

I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.