Radiology/fatty liver

Dear Sir

I want to ask is non-alcholic fatty liver grade 1 is reversible with exercise and weight loss.

Zafar Iqbal

There is research that states that a healthy diet and weight loss (if overweight or obese) could stop the progression or reverse early stage non alcoholic fatty liver disease.  Good control of sugar in diabetes is necessary as well.  However, very rapid weight loss can actually increase fatty liver.  My best suggestion would be to work with your doctor to figure out a healthy goal weight and a healthy and safe way to get to it.  The good thing is that you found out early, so you can work to stay healthy.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!

I can answer questions about most radiologic examinations and procedures (like X-rays, CTA scans, angiograms etc) . I can help guide you through what to expect during your procedure, safety concerns and postoperative care questions. I can not diagnose you online. Please do not include images as I can not give my opinion on them.

I have been a Physician Assistant (PA) since 2006 practicing in a hospital. We perform exams such as angiograms, angioplasty, atherectomy, biopsies, tumor ablations, UFE and catheter insertions.

Bachelors Degree in Radiologic Science, licensed Radiologic Technologist, NCCPA Certified Physician Assistant