Radiology/sclerosis of the right iliac bone

Question
Hi Michael,
I recently had a CT-scan for microscopic hematuria and the report states "sclerosis of the right iliac bone" which my urologist said was of no concern. Would you be so kind as to give me a more in depth explanation of what those results mean?
Age 55

Answer
Becky,
The description is very non specific. There are several common things that may show up as sclerotic areas .  it is true that most of them are benign. The most common one would be a bone Island. but without seeing the image it is hard for me to tell you more details.sclerosis implies a dense bone.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.
Michael

Radiology

Michael K.