Radiology/mri shadow

I had a prescan for lung cancer low dose meh..something about it told them I needed a regular Mri with dye...between the heart and the lung it showed a large mass the lung doctor said they didn't feel it was attached to the lung but to the heart.the heart doctor did a treadmill test and said he believes it's a shadow. I'm just very confused my sister and father died 6 months from each other with lung cancer. Should I be concerned?

I'm sorry for your losses.  It is possible that it is a shadow or artifact.  Given your family history, I would recommend getting a second opinion, if possible.  They may choose to rescan you.  Get a copy of the disc with images so they can be reviewed by another physician.  Repeat images should confirm if it is indeed artifact.  Hope this helps.

I can answer questions about most radiologic examinations and procedures (like X-rays, CTA scans, angiograms etc) . I can help guide you through what to expect during your procedure, safety concerns and postoperative care questions. I can not diagnose you online. Please do not include images as I can not give my opinion on them.

I have been a Physician Assistant (PA) since 2006 practicing in a hospital. We perform exams such as angiograms, angioplasty, atherectomy, biopsies, tumor ablations, UFE and catheter insertions.

Bachelors Degree in Radiologic Science, licensed Radiologic Technologist, NCCPA Certified Physician Assistant