Radiology/mri shadow

Question
I had a prescan for lung cancer low dose meh..something about it told them I needed a regular Mri with dye...between the heart and the lung it showed a large mass the lung doctor said they didn't feel it was attached to the lung but to the heart.the heart doctor did a treadmill test and said he believes it's a shadow. I'm just very confused my sister and father died 6 months from each other with lung cancer. Should I be concerned?

Answer
Hello,
I'm sorry for your losses.  It is possible that it is a shadow or artifact.  Given your family history, I would recommend getting a second opinion, if possible.  They may choose to rescan you.  Get a copy of the disc with images so they can be reviewed by another physician.  Repeat images should confirm if it is indeed artifact.  Hope this helps.

Radiology

Lauren