Radiology/Brain MRI scan

Question
My MRI  scan brain shows the following results
two small focal flair hot spots  in either frontal lobes subcortically.
Mild Peri ventricular gliosis.
Age related mild diffuse atrophy.
Mild asymmetrical prominance of temporal horn on right side as compared to left side.

The radiologist says all the above are age related. I am 53 years old. Is he correct.

Answer
Hello, Rajesh.

I am not a physician, so would not presume to contradict a radiologist's report. If you have any doubts about this report, I recommend you ask for a second opinion from another radiologist. To make it completely unbiased, choose a radiologist from a different office or hospital for the second opinion.

That said, there are a number of normal age-related changes that happen all over the body as it ages. So I wouldn't be surprised if a second opinion would be exactly the same as this first report.

Hope this helps,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White