Radiology/Second opinion on cervical spine injury

Question
Xray from chiropractor
Xray from chiropractor  
Im a 30 year old female. I was in 2 car accidents last year within 3 days of each other. I was diagnosed with whiplash and dismissed it. A few months ago I pulled a muscle in my neck by stretching and was unable to move for several days. I decided to see a chiropractor. He said I still have whiplash and DDD. My question is should I be concerned and should I see a specialist? Also, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to cut back my schedule as a pet Groomer or find another job that's not so physically demanding? I am finding it harder to get through the day and have no energy or ability to do my household chores after working all day in pain. Thank you for you time and consideration.

Answer
Linda,
Sorry for the delay in answering your question.
You do have DDD at C4-5. But if your pain does not radiate into your arm then it doesn't affect nerves.  There are other sources of pain, facet joints but mozt commonly is muscle pain...I would suggest physical therapy as a next step. In regards to your line of work, perhaps try different position. If you are standing, find and appropriate height chair so you are not flexing your neck all the time. Ergonomics during your work day may greatly affect muscle spasms.
Hope this helps.
MK

Radiology

Michael K.