Radiology/Brain MRI Artifact

Question
I am suffering from severe debilitating treatment resistant depression since 2013, accompanied by a tormenting sensation of acid/numbing of the left frontal part of my brain.

I have done an MRI scan on 2014 and although the report came normal at the time, I just noticed a possible artifact, which I designate in red circles in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkB6TsswW9s

Is it normal?

Answer
Hello Joao,

This is not an artifact but a normal variant anatomy. It's a part of a venous system and is often referred to as venous lake that is nested in the skull.  There is no clinical significance.  I never mention them in my reports.

HOpe this helps.

MK

Radiology

Michael K.