Radiology/liver CT result

Question
I had a CT scan with the results: The liver has a 4 mm low-attenuation lesion, most likely a cyst, peripherally in the anterior right lobe. The liver is otherwise unremarkable.

Would this be considered normal, or should I follow up with my doctor?
Thanks

Answer
Hi John,
Sorry for the delay in answering your question.
The description is  fairly nonspecific and the lesion is very small.. I can see how the report says that it is most likely a cyst because it is the most common benign finding in the liver.  I don't know how old you are and what your past medical history is, so it is difficult for me to advise further.   Cysts in the liver is a frequent benign finding that does not need any further follow up.

Hope this helps.

Happy New Year.

MK

Radiology

Michael K.