Radiology/MRI Clinics

Question
Hi Dr. K.,

My family MD does not recommend any testing/imaging done anywhere but the hospital.  She does not trust any clinics.  How do you feel about this? I've recently travelled to an imaging clinic in Buffalo and am now wondering how reliable their results are.  I did pull up my previous images from the hospital, next to the images from the clinic.  I am no expert in any of this but the hospital images looked very detailed and crystal clear but the clinic images looked like x-ray pictures.  Can you help make sense of this?

Thanks,
Diane

Answer
I don't think it has to do with a hospital vs clinics... Yes there are different MRI machines and also there are different ways to use them... there are many many factors that go into quality of an image.... I can produce crisp images and pretty bad images on the same machine depending on how I set up parameters...

Radiology

Michael K.