Radiology/Left Knee MRI

I am 23 years old, female, 125 pounds, 5'2", Caucasian. I am an avid hiker and had an injury in 2006 snowboarding. My knee has been bad ever since. I was hiking in the smokies a few weeks ago and something felt very wrong. I saw an orthopedic and had an MRI the other day. It's the weekend so I'm not sure when I'll get the results.
I am waiting on MRI results T3 imagery for my left knee. It is incredibly swollen and not stable. I am in so much pain and I'm not sure when I will get the results. I have the DVD of the images but I'm not a radiologist...obviously. I know you cannot diagnose me but I was hoping to receive some thoughts.
Here's a link to some of the files:

Hello, Allison.

There is a lot of fluid around your ACL. You may have partially torn your ACL. It looks intact on some of the sequences, but of course the resolution is not detailed enough to tell. You may also have some meniscal damage.

I advise Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation - RICE. When you see your orthopedist ask about treatment options. If his treatment would amount to the same whether he does surgery or not, try the non-surgical treatment first.  Expect it to take at least 6 weeks to heal. If it doesn't feel better after 6 weeks, a surgical treatment may be more successful.

Hope you feel better soon!

Delia White

I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.

I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.