Radiology/T1 MRI of head. Artifacts or abnormality?

black holes in white matter
black holes in white m  

I got this T1 MRI image from a research study, and I noticed there are a good amount of little black holes in the white matter of my brain (see attached image). Is there anything I need to worry about? could it be scanner artifacts?

Thanks in advance! your answers will be greatly appreciated

Hi, Gabe.

First, I am not a physician and not qualified to interpret diagnostic images. For an official medical opinion, please consult a physician.

That said, I think the "holes" you indicate with a green cross-hair are cross-sectional views of blood vessels. So, nothing to worry about as far as I know.

Hope this helps,

Delia White

I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.

I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.