Radiology/Ct Scan Dose

Question
Hello I recently got a CT can of the abdomen & pelvis. Days later I started getting a really dry mouth constipation & some fever. I feel terrible then I as saw my paper work from the hospital i read it saying rad type 68? Does this mean I was dosed 68 rads? Which would be way too much! I am now really worries cause of my symptoms please help.

Answer
Hello, Gerado.

I don't know what "rad type 68" means. You should contact a radiologist at the facility where you had your CT exam to find out what "rad type 68" means.

If you were given oral contrast or a contrast enema for your CT, that may have caused your dry mouth and constipation. It's best to ask your physician for an answer to that question.

Visit this page for more information about average dosage per imaging exam: http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=safety-xray

Hope this helps,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White