Radiology/radioactive crt tv

Question
my mattress while moving it to another place came in contact for 2 hours wth my old crt television which has dust , dust now on mattress , so is my matress now dangerous to sleep on because it was in contact with crt tv and radioactive dust ?

Answer
Hello, Mahmoud,

The amount of radiation emitted from a cathode ray tube television is negligible. Dust that has settled on a CRT television is no more radioactive than the dust that lands on your kitchen table. You are in no danger of radiation poisoning from the dust off a CRT.

Hope this helps,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White