Radiology/radioactive crt tv

my mattress while moving it to another place came in contact for 2 hours wth my old crt television which has dust , dust now on mattress , so is my matress now dangerous to sleep on because it was in contact with crt tv and radioactive dust ?

Hello, Mahmoud,

The amount of radiation emitted from a cathode ray tube television is negligible. Dust that has settled on a CRT television is no more radioactive than the dust that lands on your kitchen table. You are in no danger of radiation poisoning from the dust off a CRT.

Hope this helps,

Delia White

I am not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging or to diagnose disease. Please consult a physician for that information. I am the photographer. I can tell you what to expect during most MRI, CT and X-ray procedures.

I now have more than 30 years experience in diagnostic imaging. My specialty is MRI. I am also very familiar with CT and the way we used to take x-rays (everything's digital now)!

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Radiologic Technology.